Thursday, February 2, 2012

Texas Academy of Figurative Art

I wanted to make a quick blog post this morning and highlight a local artist named Ron Cheek.  He is a contemporary realist painter and is the director of the Texas Academy of Figurative Art.  I have worked with him at a couple of evening workshops at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, but unfortunately my day job prevents me from modeling at the Academy.  Some of his paintings are amazing.  I saw the one below, titled "Woman with a Burden," at an exhibit at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center a couple of years ago.  I instantly recognized the model as Barbados Pearl, whom I mentioned in my last blog post (Admiration for Artists).


To learn more about the Texas Academy of Figurative Art, please go to http://www.tafastudio.org/TAFA/Home.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment